Superior also provides design and fabrication of drilling rig accessories and oil derrick components to complete your rig. Whether you are completing a rig package or need to upgrade your equipment to meet new requirements Superior can fabricate a solution to meet your needs.
Oil Derrick Components
Here are some of the drilling rig accessories and oil derrick components we can design and fabricate under our ISO 9001, ASME, API 4F and API 8C certified manufacturing/inspection systems:
- Drilling Rig Skids & Rig Skidding Systems - Superior Derrick can provide you with the drilling rig skids to suit your needs.
- Substructures - The foundation on which the derrick or mast and usually the drawworks sit; contains space for storage and well control equipment. We can design substructures in a variety of configurations to meet the needs of your project. These include Swing lift substructures, Sling shot substructures, Box on box substructures, Skidding system substructures, Trailerized substructures, and custom designed substructure types to meet our customers’ needs
- Rig Floors - This relatively small work area in which the rig crew conducts operations, usually adding or removing drillpipe to or from the drillstring is one of the most critical areas of a drilling rig. The rig floor is the most dangerous location on the rig because heavy iron is moved around there. Drillstring connections are made or broken on the drillfloor, and the driller's console for controlling the major components of the rig is located here as well. Attached to the rig floor is a small metal room, the doghouse, where the rig crew can meet, take breaks and take refuge from the elements during idle times. Superior keeps safety and quality in mind when designing and fabricating your rig floor.
- Pipe Racks - Structural steel pipe racks typically support drill pipe. Occasionally, pipe racks may also support mechanical equipment, vessels and valve access platforms. Main pipe racks generally transfer material between equipment and storage or utility areas. Superior can custom fabricate your pipe racks to your design or our own custom design to fit our customer’s needs
- Quarters Packages (Doghouses / Crew Quarters) – Superior can fabricate living quarters for the crew. We also can design and fabricate Dog Houses, the steel-sided room adjacent to the rig floor, usually having an access door close to the driller's controls. This general-purpose shelter is a combination tool shed, office, communications center, coffee room, lunchroom and general meeting place for the driller and his crew. It is at the same elevation as the rig floor, usually cantilevered out from the main substructure supporting the rig.
- Mud Tanks - A mud tank is an open-top container, typically made of square steel tube & steel plate, to store drilling fluid on a drilling rig. They are also called mud pits, because they used to be nothing more than pits dug out of the earth
- Solids Control Systems - We can custom design and fabricate these systems which use with a drilling rig to separate the solids in the drilling fluids that are crushed by the drill bits and carried out of the well surface. Normally solid control systems consist of five stages, including mud tank, shale shaker, vacuum degasser, de-sander, desilter, and centrifuge. Let Superior fabricate your SCS system to you with your design or one we put together for you.
- SCR Buildings - It is a silicon-controlled rectifier, converting AC to DC for use in drawworks, mud pumps, etc. We can fabricate these from your design or provide a custom design to meet your company’s unique challenges.
- Access Platforms, Walkways and Cantilevers – these platforms that provide access to various drilling rig structures and can be custom designed for a variety of rig configurations by Superior
- High Pressure Mud Manifolds – Superior can help you design and then fabricate this arrangement of piping or valves designed to control, distribute and often monitor fluid flow
- Mud and Utility Piping Systems - Mud Piping Systems are used to facilitate Mud pumping operations. Utility piping is supporting the process but is not integral to the process, typically fresh water, cooling water, steam, and condensate. Superior excels at design and fabrication of these systems
Please contact us for more information about our drilling rig accessories and components or call us today at (281) 890-6671.